Thursday, June 14, 2007

Cheap shampoo (stupid smart guy part II)

Last summer, I ran out of shampoo. Walgreens is on my ride home from work and open 24/7. I went in at 2AM one night and went shampoo shopping. The decision was easy... straight to the Suave. Garnier Fructis can lick my sack. I don't need to pay $8 for a bottle of shampoo, $0.97 sounds more like my range. Eureka! Suave had piña coloda flavor "20% More, Free" promotion. The decision was easy; I bought two bottles. (logo at left)

After a little while I began to wonder if that extra 20% was water. This suave piña colada smelled wonderful, but wasn't lathering very well. Oh well, so I didn't get a bargain... I can use 20% more each time and it'll work out just fine. This all went well for a few weeks, and I noticed my hair was slowly but surely getting kind of greasy... now I'm not Greek, or a car salesman, so this was perplexing. I kept washing up, using larger doses of rico suave. Eventually, my hair smelled like a pineapple and coconut bonanaza, but was increasingly oily. My 6th grade science teacher Mrs. Palmer always used to say "when in doubt, check it out..." so I did. Upon closer inspection of the bottle I discovered I had been using only conditioner on my hair for over a month. So I quickly rushed to Walgreens to buy some actual shampoo? Oh, no. I didn't rush to Walgreens..., I kept it up for a few days more, expirementing with hand soap, with the best intentions of cleaning my hair for the first time in a month... but the best intentions left undone still leave hair greasy enough that it doesn't get wet.
A couple of days later, I got a call from my friend Shelly asking if I wanted to go to Wal-Mart. I declined because I had something to do, but I naturally I asked her if she could buy some shampoo for me, and told her the story. I said, "buy something cheap. it's just going to sit under a bike helmet." She showed up with another bottle of Suave piña colada conditioner. So that made me feel better... but my hair lived a lie for a few more days.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

I have not laughed that hard in a long time. Sounds like something Jason would do!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Cassy said...

Nice work buddy. Good to know you can read.

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home