Friday, May 01, 2009

Slacking

I feel resigned to the idea that I'm going to be a once a month blogger. It's kind of sad, but being in an office 40 hours a week dropped blogging from the priority list. Today I don't have anything in particular that I want to blog about, I'm simply blogging because I haven't yet given up on the idea of my blog. Here are some tidbits from the last month.
-Master Cleanse was cool... I stopped at the end of 5 days. Days 3-5 all felt the same, I felt like it had run its course. I was also ready to get back on the bike and I still have apprehensions about doing a 300 mile week on a liquid diet. Perhaps I'll try the "way more than moderate" exercise and fasting some other time.
-The lady and I put together our desired travel plans for the rest of the year. They include: San Fransisco, Saint Louis, Chicago, New Mexico, and a week in either Ireland or Italy. People keep saying, "only a week?" I think to myself, well I only have 5 days vacation this year... and when was the last time you went to Europe?
-I've started going back through my Calculus text book. I've decided to actually learn it this time, making the progress slow and arduous, but giving me a sense of accomplishment. I've also been reminded of Euler's formula, and how sweet it is.
-I bought a couple of bikes. An early 90s Huff Savannah Tandem was the first. Mine is rustier than the one pictured, but it's still rolling hilarity. I also bought a 2008 Kestrel Talon last weekend. I've only had it out once for intervals, but it really cooks, I think I'm going to like it a lot.

-I bought a kit and started my first batch of homebrew, I need to transfer it from one receptacle to another tonight (I'm not cool enough to know all the brewing terms yet... I think I'm transferring it from the fermenter to the carboy).

-Work is working.

-I got on LinkedIn thinking the bandwagon had passed and discovered I'm mistaken. It's just getting started. I'd call it a valuable tool for anyone: looking for a job, looking for an employee, or looking for the communication of ideas and concepts between industries. If you're on there, and feel it beneficial, add me.

-Wine is good

-I discovered the song Country Boy by Albert Lee (I'm in my office at lunch so I can't link to youtube... damn you Surf Patrol!). He was on the Crossroads DVD, and I think he's pretty awesome.

-Experiences close to me have further convinced me euthansia should be legal. Nursing homes can be good, or they can just be a place to die. If you are just waiting to die, especially if you are in pain, there's no reason you should have to pay $5,000/month to wait (avg cost for a shared room, 2004 MetLife Market Survey). Simply put, it's childish for us to make someone live months in pain when they don't want to. We are keeping them alive, but they are not living, they are just dying slowly, waiting for it come, wishing it would come sooner.

That's my blogging for the month. Late.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gregory said...

my grandma spent $80,000 basically comatose for about a year. she just wasted away but they wouldn't fucking let her go.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Cassy said...

Sounds like you're going to have some killer vacations. I'm jealous of the places. Oh, what to do with my 15 or so weeks of available vacay time as a student? Hate me. I want the tandem bike!

7:11 AM  
Blogger Apayo said...

it's mid june and you still haven't posted....

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home