Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Cover your eyes, then read this.

Nolan, you're too young, cover your eyes. Mom, Happy mother's day, I doubt you'll approve, cover your eyes too. Future employers, if you don't hire me because of this post, I don't want to work for you anyway.
On the left is Travis. Travis got back.


Summer has officially begun in Columbia. A couple of days ago, I drove down Broadway and didn't have to stop twice every block. The past few years I have usually done something big to detox from finals and bring the summer in right. Last year I had a final at 8AM on the last day of tests. I needed to get out and relax (for me that means intense physical activity) so I promptly put on my running shoes and ran from my house to Le Bourgeois Winery in Rocheport. It's a good little jog, about 17 miles. It took me around 3 hours and when I got there I called Greg to come and pick me up. He brought $20 we drank a bottle of wine. Then I went to big 12 with a couple of girls from class and some of their friends. Side note: I'm convinced that Kristin Willet, who was at big 12 with us, was the most beautiful girl on campus during her stay here. Some of you may remember the controversial bikini picture on the columns for the Girls of MU calendar about 3 years ago... That was her. Side side note: she also happens to be quite intelligent. While at Big 12 the girls decided they wanted to go back to the winery so I went back out and had a good time. That's how last summer started.

This summer's kick was a little late in coming, but it got here. Friday I went to a cousin's wedding it was enjoyable, but nothing too exciting (I am now the only Beckham over the age of 10 that isn't married or engaged). Saturday night is where it got going. Greg and I met at Shakespeare's with some guys I lived in the dorms with. Just a few guys out for some pizza and drinks, just chillin'. A few guys there are graduated and moved, one particular friend was back in town visiting before he is shipped off to Japan with the Marines. Point being, a select group of intelligent guys, each with their own schtick gathers and hilarity and exhibition ensues. Pretty soon we have rehashed the letter writing tale ( if you missed it http://ironforfun.blogspot.com/2006/04/so-I-know-this-guy.html), and we had discovered that members of the group have done quite a few crazy things including drug usage, hired prostitutes, and even had sex with four women at once. Not to shabby for 6 twenty somethings. Eventually the conversation collapsed under it's weight and we went to the blue note, met up with some others, all got drunk and danced the night away. Sunday, Mother's Day, I worked for about 3 hours, rode my bike for an hour or so, and then spent the rest of the day tripping on mushrooms. Three of us ate them, myself and another were rookies. I ate too much, I didn't freak out, but I spent a few hours in a cyclic mind trap where I really had very little grasp over what was real. It was fun. We went and played in the woods as the drugs kicked in and that was fun. Mushrooms make all distances look exaggerated. The trees were all 200 ft. tall. It was like being in the Sequoias right across the street. Bark dances in a way that mesmerizes, some (including me) become hyper sensitive to temperature. Without a doubt, interaction with a normal person is not possible. Productive thought or action is out of reach. Shrooms aren't like pot, you can't be high and at work. Shrooms are more like a Puritan mass, you have to commit the entire day, once you're in you can't get out until it let's you. Unlike weed, and booze, shrooms don't mess your next day up. I recovered quickly and had no hangover type effects. It was fun, I don't know if I'll do it again, but if I do it will be quite some time, and I won't eat as much. I really can't imagine doing them in Amsterdam would be any fun. Like I said, interaction with others is impossible, I wouldn't want to be on shrooms in public, even if it was legal. Summer is officially kicked off.

Today I downshifted, I planted a garden. If all goes well (it won't) I should have cucumbers, carrots, green peppers, zucchini, mint (for mojitos) and pumpkins. Just my summer project. I guess my first goal is to try and keep these plants alive longer than my fish.

BTW. Travis was in no way involved with these events. That picture was taken on spring break by your truly and a girl Travis doesn't know (but Greg should date) edited it. It's just funny. Look at it again.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

who is the girl?

12:21 PM  
Blogger Brady Beckham said...

her name is Lauren

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you ever run for a political office this will come back on you and please never do shrooms again.

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, your mom read about your druggie day.....

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so my blog has gone to shit? look who hasn't updated in 12 days himself.....

7:52 PM  
Blogger Brady Beckham said...

dude, I've been busy creating drama for your blog!

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home