Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Van Gogh, Kramer, Brady

What do those three people have in common? At one point in their lives they've all tried to replace the one big sleep with shorter but more frequent cat naps.

Here's the short version. Saturday I went to the beach for a few hours, and I guess the sitting around doing nothing took it out of me, because I went to sleep when we got home at 4Pm. I slept for 4 hours, then surprise surprise, I couldn't go to sleep later that night. I laid in bed from 1:15 to 2:00 AM ... and that just didn't work, so I got up. The sun rises early here, and the beach during sunrise is fantastic, so at 5:30 I set out for a little walk. Little meangin, I walked for 3 hours. Upon returning I found I was tired, so I went to bed (this is 9AM on Sunday). I woke up around 1:30 feeling refreshed... and went out with some French cats and got to bed about 2 AM... then I slept for another 5 hours, waking up at 7.

Since I was up early, I decided to make the best of my day, meaning I decided to skip all my classes and not go to work so I could play on the computer all day long. The result being, I learned the basics of mixing music. You see Charlie has been making some mixes lately, and I just couldn't let him have all the fun. Charlie's mix/mixes are much better than my only mix, but whatever. Anyway, I got into it, I sat at the computer for around 15 hours, I only ate once, and never used the bathroom until the last possible instant. If you read this blog you know , sometimes I focus a bit too much. This mix is a pretty good depiction of me: it's completely ADD, a bit sloppy, first it rubs you the wrong way, then leaves you feeling almost satisfied.

Clicky here
Main Tracks:
Navras - Juno Reactor
Pistoleros - Juno Reactor
O Vos Omnes - De Victoria (as sung by Mizzou's choir)
Soldier Side, BYOB - System of a Down
Resurrection - PPK
Cantaloop - Us3
Brooklyn is Burning - Head Automatica
Renagades of Funk - Rage Against the Machine

Just remember, this is what happens when I don't sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home