Monday, December 31, 2007

Dueling Banjos

Update:
I now reside in Carthage, MO. I have accepted an industrial engineering job with Leggett and Platt.
I'm rooming with my cousin, that seems cool. We have decided against the internet or cable in our house, so I am checking my email in McDonalds right now (did you know McDonalds has free Wi-Fi?). The ambient noise is a flurry of dis-health and excessive intake; I can hear people getting fatter.

My cousin has 5 kids (he's 36). The three youngest (ages 4, 6, 8) spent a few days at our new pad. It was a good time, but I am glad to see them go. They are very well behaved, but their attempts to help make progress arduous (I'm sure all you parents know exactly what I'm talking about). My cousin, acting in the interest of satisfying his children's hunger, picked up a couple of packages of hot dogs and buns. We decided to spice it up a bit, so I taught the kids how to do a dry rub. Lars/Avery (his name is Avery, he goes by Lars) really took a liking to the dry rub and refused to eat hot dogs sans some seasoning. After half a normal hot dog, he decided he was full, but when we started dry rubbing, this 6 year old ate 3 more (with lemon-pepper, greek seasoning, and garlic respectively). There's nothing more classy than dry-rubbing and microwaving extruded meat products.

Carthage is a sleepy little town, but the high school girls are hot... so I think it's going to work out.

Also, there is an avaliable room at 8B Clarkson in Columbia, rent is cheap, location is great for downtown or campus slaves. Pros: The floor plan is to die for. Cons: The carpet will kill you. Anyone interested?

2 Comments:

Blogger Apayo said...

ha, that carpet will kill! I've seen people puke on it... i shit on it:) lol.

Um... sounds like everything is working out for you mr. Beckham:)

But wtf is dry rub?

11:18 AM  
Blogger Brady said...

dry rub is when you put seasoning on meat before you grill it. like I would do to chicken before we grilled... did we have a grill while you were there? I don't think so.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home