Monday, December 03, 2007

My national health care plan.

The health care debate has been bothering me, but I have a solution that I like.

The government should provide a federal health care for minors and students, using a system similar to what the democrats are proposing now (it's mandatory to purchase health care, the purchase is tax deductible, and the fee is waived for the poor). However, when you become a legal adult, the government stops babying you.

The government should not be taking care of us from cradle to grave. We are in a position that the government could provide health care for those that had the bad luck to be born into poverty. If they don't do something with their adult life, that's not something that should affect the federal budget or the tax payers.

School is crazy, I expect blogging to resume in more force around Christmas.

2 Comments:

Blogger charlie said...

That's what norway does with dental plans.

But helping with health care up to 18 and then blaming poverty from that point forward on choosing not to do something with their adult life is no good. Poverty means less education fewer opportunities.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Guppy said...

Brady you have a good blog and all but . . . I get tired of erm . . politics. I get too much of that now days. News is just telling us we are going down the shit hole.

A little is ok but I would like something interesting like Brazil.

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home