Thursday, January 31, 2008

Some apologetics from an unlikely source

A fairly liberal friend of mine decided to let me know how stupid she thought Mission trips were. She found fault with the lack of knowledge many missionaries have of the culture they are entering to proselytize. She also does not like the fact that the intent of a mission trip is to change centuries (if not millenia) of tradition, culture, and faith. Here is my counter argument.



Work is cool, paychecks rock my world. I'm mostly sedentary during the week (I've been climbing, but I don't count that because my heart rate is never up for more than a minute). On the weekends I have lost my mind. I ran an un-official half-marathon two weeks ago. Last weekend I biked to Fayetteville on Saturday, went to my little bro's "white trash" party. I biked back on Sunday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was awful. You are the devil's advocate. I also had to hold the computer two inches from my face because the image won't expand. Nice job.

I started climbing (ish) at the rec two weeks ago, applied for a job at a summer camp as a climbing/ropes instructor, and now I am going to get paid to BS it. Isn't that an awful thing to BS? Knowing how to be safe climbing? Yes.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home